Monday, July 28, 2014

Roar


Tank: Target (sold out)/Shorts: Theory (no longer available)/Sandals: Sam Edelman/Necklace: Francesca's (no longer available)

Last Thursday I had the pleasure of attending one of my good friend's showcase. She was amazing! (Go check out her Facebook page Victoria E. Young) She did such a great rendition of 'Roar' by Katy Perry, which has been an inspirational song for me, that I thought it was a sign for me to dedicate my post to it. For me, it signifies my transition from high school, attending college, and coming back to Memphis with more knowledge, ambition, strength, and a newfound love for my city. Ironically, my high school mascot was a Tiger, and so my high school principal would always end the evening announcements with this philosophy that I still live by today; "Every decision you make has a consequence. You determine whether that consequence is positive or negative by the decision that you make. And remember, see the vision through the eye of the tiger."

Photography by Tiera Chanel Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment