Monday, June 9, 2014

Orange is the New Black





Happy Monday! This past weekend, I binge watched one of my favorite shows, Orange is the New Black. The second season just premiered on Netflix on Friday, and just like the first season, I watched all 13 episodes in 2 days. I decided to dedicate this post to the show for opening my eyes to the justice system and how prison life is a real learning experience in terms of embracing diversity, survival, and self-awareness. I encourage you to read the book, Orange is the New Black by Piper Kerman, to learn more about what it's like for a woman to call prison home, because everyone there isn't "just a simple woman doing the work of the Lord." (As said by Tiffany "Pennsatucky" Doggett) 

Top: Francesca's/ Pants: Forever21/Shoes: Tory Burch (old)/Necklace: Bauble Bar

Photography by Tiera Chanel Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment