Friday, June 20, 2014

I'm Inspired By: Bianca Jagger

At USC, I took a fashion communications class and I had to write a paper on a style icon. I decided to write about Bianca Jagger because I believe she is the personification of style, and remains an influence to popular designers of this day, after more than 40 years. Married to Mick Jagger, great friend and muse to the American designer Halston, and an inspiration to Andy Warhol, Bianca Jagger was the epitome of all “It” girls of the 1970s, turning heads as she challenged trends. While most famous style icons of the 1970s are mostly known for their sequins, big hair, or beauty, Bianca was also challenging the line between masculinity and femininity. I decided to give a modern twist to what Bianca would wear today. Maroon 5 may rave about having the “Moves like Jagger,” yet they could never have the “Style like Jagger.”


I'm Inspired By: Bianca Jagger #1

No comments:

Post a Comment